We are looking for a self-directed, dependable, and enthusiastic Drupal developer to join our freelance team. Our team utilizes development processes based on Agile that let us work in a flexible, distributed, and deeply collaborative environment, with an emphasis on peer review and pair programming. Most of our work centers on the Drupal platform, and we are strongly committed to participating in and contributing back to the open source Drupal community (see our page on drupal.org).
As a freelance web developer at Isovera, you will work on project teams typically comprising project managers, front-end and back-end developers, and designers. You’ll also have the opportunity to regularly interact directly with our clients across a variety of sectors and industries. Current and former clients include organizations such as Pegasystems, Verizon Wireless, Boston Dynamics, Harvard University, and Hunter Boots.
Core responsibilities include:
- Participation in project architecture discussions and decisions
- Develop, deliver, and maintain performant and cost-effective Drupal web sites
- Produce high quality documentation within and across projects
- Contribute to projects that share Isovera’s innovations back with the larger Drupal community
- Bring your creative thinking, curiosity, strategies, and ideas to advance Isovera’s values and culture
- Experienced Drupal 8 site builder, deep knowledge of core and contributed modules, and Composer package manager
- Proficient at Object-Oriented PHP development and best practices
- Comfort using Docker and containerized environments
- Comfort with SQL, relational databases such as MySQL, and migration APIs
- Experience with search technologies such as Apache Solr
- Proficiency working with Git, pull requests, and code reviews
- Excellent command of Linux/MacOS CLI and Drush
- Familiarity with agile software development methodologies
Other Essential Qualities:
- Strong work ethic and ability to work on a remote/distributed team
- Ability to effectively interact with clients using superb written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work productively with minimal supervision
- Interest in learning, and self-initiated delving into new languages, tools, frameworks
- Enthusiastic and creative problem-solving skills
- Awareness of current trends and best practices in web development/technologies
- Attention to detail while managing your time across multiple projects
Useful and fun perks we offer:
- The ability to work remotely
- Free parking to keep you sane
- Free gym to keep you healthy
- Free coffee to keep you peppy
- A fun culture and happy people!
This position is remote, though always welcome on-site in our Waltham, MA offices
To apply please send resume, cover letter, and work examples to email@example.com. In your cover letter we’d like to hear 3 specific reasons why you think you might be the person we are looking for!