Vice President of Technology/ Solutions Architect
The Vice President, Technology sits on the senior management team and focuses on building and maintaining Isovera’s Technology practice for the agency. The VP, Technology is a smart communicator who plays an integral role in the success and growth of Isovera. This role reports directly into the agency Principal.
Core responsibilities include:
Client Project Work:
- Carry out project work in a way that yields mentorship, process improvement, and professional growth for team members
- Collaborate with business development and project management team members to generate project estimates and statements of work. Coach team members to establish good estimation practices
- Serve as technical lead on key projects, regularly communicating technical needs to non-technical audiences, such as clients
- Provide hands-on architectural guidance across multiple projects
- Partner with business stakeholders, management, teams and clients to identify needs and guide the delivery of cost-effective, high-performance technology solutions
- Participate in client requirement gathering sessions and provides mapping of client needs to solutions
- Step-in and provides hands-on troubleshooting and consulting for technology challenges and/or project delivery concerns if needed
- Attend stand-ups, scrum sessions, sprint grooming sessions, and quarterly roadmap planning for projects as needed
- Perform code-reviews on selected work for other developers (internal & external)
- Proactively build relationships with key stakeholders on select clients
- Conduct client Drupal training sessions as needed
Agency Leadership/Team Management:
- Foster a team of talented back-end and front-end engineers to deliver world-class implementations
- Structure Isovera’s engineering and development team for long-term growth and sustainability
- Work with multiple direct reports to set career and capability goals. Assist in the hiring and retention of highly capable people while fostering diversity and clear pathways for career development
- Set department and individual team member goals that aligns to Isovera’s yearly business goals and overall strategy
- Development and management of Isovera’s technology roadmap, designed to support strategic and long-range planning, by matching short-term and long-term growth goals with specific technology solutions that can be introduced as agencies solutions
- Develop methodologies designed to support a diverse set of project types and sizes
- Institute best practices and nurture a culture of client-focused standards of excellence
- Promote contributions to the Drupal, or other open source community in ways that are aligned with company goals
- Help identify relevant non-Drupal technologies and build Isovera’s capabilities with them while retaining a level of focus to deliver a best-in-class solution.
- Support strengthening the relationship between Isovera and our partners (e.g., Acquia)
- Develop ways of measuring individual and team productivity and quality
- Provide regular employee feedback and performance reviews, in accordance to Isovera’s employee review schedule
- Manage rigorous process and control of all development using agile methodology
- Work with agency operations to manage contractor bench and assure a wide set of skills are addressed and ready for deployment
- Develop technical deliverables in support of sales pursuits (i.e. detailed solution scope assumptions and pricing estimates, technical content for sales presentations)
- Provide consultation to the delivery team in developing level-of-effort estimations of technology solutions
- Assist in presentation of client proposals
- Generate awareness of Isovera among developers and clients by remaining active in the community and participating in thought leadership opportunities (ie. events, speaking, blog posts, podcasts, meet-ups, etc.)
- 15+ years of professional experience.
- 8+ years of PHP and/or Drupal development experience.
- Have previously worked in a Digital/Advertising agency.
- 8+ years of experience managing a development team.
What we offer:
- Competitive base salary + bonus
- 401k plan with matching
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health and dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Short and long term disability
In addition, we offer some useful and fun perks, such as:
- The ability to work remotely
- Free parking to keep you sane
- Free gym to keep you healthy
- Free coffee to keep you peppy
- A fun culture and happy people!
This is a full time position based in our Waltham, Massachusetts office. Minimal travel may be required.
To apply please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter we’d like to hear 3 specific reasons why you think you might be the person we are looking for!